Job Posting: Supervisor, Filling and Packaging
This position is responsible for the day to day supervision of production technicians in a highly complex parenteral manufacturing facility.
Major Position Activities & Responsibilities
- Scheduling, assigning, and directing the work of Filling and Packaging Manufacturing personnel.
- Monitoring and optimizing production and process goals.
- Training of new and existing employees.
- Ensure aseptic techniques are followed, checking and auditing the work of Filling and Packaging
- Manufacturing Technicians.
- Supervising the cleaning and maintenance of assigned area.
- Assurance of compliance with cGMPs, writing/updating SOPs.
- Optimizing employee performance by providing ongoing feedback and coaching, rewarding and disciplining current employees as necessary.
- Interviewing and selection of prospective employees.
- Serve as liaison with various departments including maintenance, engineering, QA, QC and Validation.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- As a part of the employee’s job requirements, the employee may be required to handle wastes including hazardous wastes. The employee must attend mandatory annual hazardous waste training meeting(s) and show a competency in that training by passing test(s) administered by the company or consultant providing such training.
- 4-year college degree plus 2 or more years of supervisory experience or 2-year degree plus 4 years supervisory experience, or 6 or more years of supervisory experience.
- Minimum of 5 years aseptic filling experience. Additional experience in pharmaceutical packing preferred.
- Must be able to be Gown Qualified for working in the Grade A aseptic areas.
- Essential knowledge of cGMPs.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills as well as computer literacy (e.g. Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) are required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Proven ability to problem solve and implement corrective actions.
- Physical Demands: employee will be required to stand, walk, sit, reach hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Occasionally the employee must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.