Job Posting: Manager, Materials Management
The employee is responsible for effective planning, development, and execution of work plans for programs and as measured by the ability to meet agreed upon milestones, budgetary constraints, and scope. The Senior Program Manager will organize programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the company. The incumbent will support special programs and projects as specified by the Supply Chain and Project Management Director and CEO.
- Manage the operational aspects of the sites most critical projects and programs, including, but not limited to: scope, schedule, cost, earned value, quality, communications, risk, and change.
- Carry out coordinated organization, direction and implementation of projects and programs and transform activities to achieve outcomes and realize benefits of strategic importance to the business.
- Provide strategic guidance to teams and project managers in ways that promote the company’s culture.
- Coordinating programs and projects and their interdependencies across the Indianapolis Manufacturing Facility; manage and utilize resources across projects; own and facilitate the use of the Site prioritization tool.
- Be the central Project Management person and key conduit for internal and external communication with the Indianapolis Manufacturing Facility's significant clients; chairing formal tactical meetings and appropriate Senior Management steering committees.
- Works across projects and development programs to conduct post-project review, share lessons learned, and develop best practices.
- Management and realization of the added value brought about by integration and utilization of delivered capability; Coordinating and developing synergies between programs, projects and their interdependencies.
- Coordinates with the Business Development department on identifying new opportunities and CMO business.
- Coordinates with the Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Controls regarding development and implementation of methodologies.
- Assess project management training needs and selects training tools for team members.
- Manages staff with diverse array of talents and responsibilities to produce results in a timely manner.
- Ensures optimal integration and communication across all corporate departments with regard to projects.
- Other duties as assigned
- The employee has direct management responsibilities for other site project managers
- The employee provides the annual PM budget for things that impact the Indianapolis Manufacturing Facility and has approval sign-off authority up to $5,000.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Bachelor’s degree or Master's degree within a health/biomedical/sciences field, or related field and equivalent experience.
- Project Management certification (PMP®) or Program Management certification (PgMP®) is required.
- Twelve years foundational experience within the pharmaceutical industry in QA, QC, Engineering, Scientific or Manufacturing functions.
- At least fifteen years’ experience in Project Management within the pharmaceutical industry; Knowledge of both business and industry processes and the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Solid proficiency in program and project management methodologies.
- Long experience of effective program management, having been a strong member of program management teams
- Strong critical thinking skills, strong chaos management skills, strong prioritization skills, and strong ability to organize workflow activities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge and experience in the use of various tools and technology to aid Program and Project Management
- Excellent negotiation skills, interpersonal skills, and communication skills; ability to tactfully communicate sensitive information and maintain confidential information.
- Good understanding of the management structure, policies, and culture of the organization.
- Experience managing very complex situations while maintaining focus on the programs objectives.
- Experience writing project proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services
- Proven experience managing a team; Strong leadership and management skills; Ability to work positively with the wide range of individuals involved in program management
- Understanding of drug development, regulatory, QA, and CMC processes, and clinical trials operations.
- Ability to successfully train and provide guidance to new or junior members of the Project Development department.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to understand mathematical and statistical concepts and clinical trial design.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished inwritten, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
If you are an employee who meets the requirements and wish to be considered for the above position, please complete the Internal Position Application and attach a copy of your resume then submit both documents to Human Resources by the above closing date to be considered.