Job Posting: Senior Plant Accountant
The Senior Plant Accountant will assist in all financial activities for the plant, providing assistance to the Director of Finance and the plant management team as necessary. This position will be the go-to for monthly closing, including all entries, manufacturing accounting close, calculations of all reserves and reconciliation of all general ledger accounts. Responsibilities will include development of latest best estimates, annual budgets, annual standard cost and long-range plan.
Major Position Activities & Responsibilities
- Perform cost accounting for plant, including absorption analysis, material purchase price, production work orders, revaluation analysis and spending variances.
- Prepare invoices from SAP for CMO and intercompany sales
- Prepare journal entries for input into general ledger system
- Prepare account reconciliations
- Monitor fixed asset additions and disposals
- Ensure completion of month-end close process on a timely basis
- Prepare monthly budget spending analysis for budget managers along with necessary supporting documentation and justification
- Assist in the preparation of Latest Best Estimates
- Assist in the preparation of Annual Budget
- Assist in the preparation of Annual Standard Cost
- Assist with monthly financial reporting to plant and corporate parent
- Provide financial assistance for external financial and SOX audits
- Assist with preparation of reports required by regulatory agencies
- Provide a variety of financial assistance to plant management
- Perform other duties as assigned
Degree in Accounting or Finance.
Five or more years of experience in accounting in a manufacturing or service industry
To perform this job successfully, applicants should have knowledge of accounting software, internet software, spreadsheet software and word processing software.
- SAP experience a plus