Job Posting: Business Development Lead
This employee oversees all commercial, marketing and business development responsibilities at Exelead. This position is responsible for managing and executing business development objectives and ensuring alignment with the overall strategic objectives of the site.
These objectives include:
- Developing a comprehensive Business Development plan aligned to the Exelead Long Range Plan.
- Executing the business development plan with the assistance of the Director of Supply Chain and Project Management and the Director of Technical Services.
- Creating a comprehensive strategy for sales and marketing activities, and developing an effective marketing and communications campaign
- Analyzing existing clients and managing relations to renegotiate favorable contracts
- Developing a strategic decision-making process to enable the site leadership to be informed of ROI, risk, cost / benefit and technical and quality complexities of new BD opportunities.
- Standardizing the Exelead business development process. Developing metrics to measure progress and lead site leadership through activities to prioritize pipeline projects.
- Working with the CEO and Sr. Director of Finance and Business Operations to understand and deliver on internal business requirements.
Major Position Activities & Responsibilities
- Chair the business development meetings. Drive site leadership towards improvement in the value of the pipeline.
- Generate or oversee all proposals that are given to new and existing clients.
- Work directly with Project Management and Finance so there is clear understanding of the deliverables and milestones associated with proposals.
- Market and sell capacity for all available manufacturing and development capabilities at Exelead, specifically the new fill line with lyophilization capabilities and the bulk aseptic processing suite.
- Develop and implement a standardized version of Exelead contracts for all CDMO and CMO activities that Exelead supports.
- Develop an approved departmental budget.
- Manage Exelead external sales and marketing partners. Actively lead and participate in all external trade shows, client visits, and manufacturing performance review and analysis.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- 5-10 years of sales, marketing and business development experience of which 3-5 must be pharmaceutical business development for a CMO.
- BS degree in business, engineering, chemistry, operations management or related scientific discipline, Master’s degree is preferable.
- Proficient with MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills are necessary
- Well-developed presentation skills